KBI ensures that all the animals receive utmost care through our world-class husbandry, veterinary medical care and environmental enrichment programs. KBI has received full accreditation from the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) and met all the requirements audited by the clients and the Chinese regulatory bodies.
· Husbandry is provided by well-trained and experienced staff
· Veterinary medical care is provided by a dedicated team of well trained and experienced Veterinarians
· Environmental enrichment materials are provided
KBI has a dedicated Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) composed of chairperson, attending veterinarian, scientist, non-scientist, independent member outside KBI.
IACUC’s roles and responsibilities:
· Govern all programs and facilities to ensure the full compliance with the ethical regulations about the use of animals for scientific purposes
· Review and approval of study protocols
· Monitor and inspect all activities involved the animals
· Review and audit the facilities, programs and documentation of animal care and use
The IACUC’s policies include:
· Food and water restriction
· Physical restraint
· Administration of substances – dose, routes and volumes
· Blood collection – sampling sites, collection limit volumes and recovery periods
· Anesthesia, biopsy, surgery, post-surgery care
· Euthanasia and humane end points
· Animal welfare documentation, particularly incidence reporting
Contact us if you need more information.