Kunming Biomed International (KBI) is a world leading contract research organization (CRO) specialized in nonhuman primates (NHP). In a dynamic and fast-growing circumstance, KBI is providing many exciting, challenging and rewarding career opportunities. The following positions are now available with a package of competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Welcome to join KBI!
To apply, please submit your CV to:
Director of International Business Development
Reports to: CEO
Location: Based in America or in Europe
We are seeking a highly motivated, capable and experienced individual to join Kunming Biomed International (KBI) as a Director of International BD. This position, which will be based in America or Europe, will be mainly responsible for strategic development and oversight of the business development and marketing strategies for the company. This person will play an important role in the corporate sales growth strategy and will be responsible for the management of all business development initiatives. Responsibilities include building the sales team, knowledgeably representing KBI in order to manage and expand KBI’s client base, and reliably develop / implement strategies to facilitate long-term relationships with new and existing pharmaceutical & biotech clients thereby accomplishing KBI’s business objectives.
1. Build / maintain a highly effective team, and motivate, coach and develop team members.
2. Drive business growth through leadership of the business development function.
3. Plan and manage territory business portfolio according to an agreed market development strategy and sales plan; Develop and maintain a professional and personal network within the assigned territory that will complement and support relationships with existing and new clients, networking events and socializing with clients where appropriate.
4. Build and maintain relationships and expand influence with new and existing pharmaceutical and biotech clients, and participate in key industry meetings, as appropriate.
5. Primarily generate leads with new clients and source appropriate contacts to facilitate potential meetings and new business proposals.
6. Continuously explore, research, and maintain relevant awareness of current developments in the biomedical and pharmaceutical industry in order to identify potential opportunities in the pharmaceutical / biotechnology field.
7. Prepare and follow-up on client proposals covering project plans / outlines, pricing and commercial strategies in line with business goals and targets; Responsible for all facets of the commercial negotiation of contracts.
8. Responsible for gathering market intelligence by reporting noteworthy information regarding clients, competitors and the marketplace. Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provides relevant reports and information.
9. Refine business processes to improve business performance and client satisfactions.
10. Responsible for tracking multiple project activities, reporting sales and profitability of accounts; take the lead in account strategy development and execution with responsibilities for forecasting and pricing.
11. Act as a cross functional liaison to ensure that the scientific and strategic service objectives align with business development strategies; Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
12. Provide timely call reports, maintain account files, etc.
Qualifications (Essential and Desirable):
1. PhD (or equivalent) in a scientific discipline.
2. At least 10 years of experience in CRO, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry with at least 5 years of business development experience in sales / marketing required, preferably gained within the corporate pharmaceutical / biotech or CRO industry setting.
3. Thorough understanding of the global pharmaceutical / biotech industry and the drug development process; with broad but substantial knowledge base in multiple business lines.
4. Strong / excellent management or leadership capabilities, analytical and problem-solving abilities, and negotiation skills.
5. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English.
6. Highly-effective communicator with excellent public relations and presentation skills.
7. Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to motivate others to perform, both by direct supervision and by influence.
8. Good scientific research background with the capability to interface with scientific research groups; familiarity with peripherally related disciplines including pharmacokinetics and drug metabolism is also an advantage.
9. Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary, multifunctional, and team-oriented environment- with proven experience to handle a professional team.
10. Strong customer focus with proven success in sales setting strategies.
11. Demonstrated account, key account and project management skills; proven ability to establishing legal documents and negotiating contractual terms is required.
12. Computer literate; with good working knowledge of MS Office packages (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook).